Chapter 7 Part 1


To find time to do this reading by converting the text to an audio file and listening to it while at work, driving etc. I found it helpful to listen to the audio twice and then skim back through while writing the summary. Below is some sample of the audio.

I do this by:
1. Scanning the pages (or taking high rez photographs) of the pages I need to read.
2. Converting the images to text with an OCR program (I use the ABBYY Finereader)
3. Plugging it in to tts software and saving as audio (I use the smartphone app EZPDF reader or TextSpeech)
4. I use a high quality voice so it doesn't sound like a computer is reading to me (Ivona kendra is a free option and works really really well).

Then whole process can be done in 10 minutes and I can save the audio file for use later on.